The Break Down: The $400 travel credit essentially offsets the high annual fee which is a major perk for this card.
- 100,000 Membership Rewards Gateway points, when you spend a minimum of $1,500 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months of approval (offer expires 7 January 2019)
- $400 travel credit every year
- Up to US$75 credit when you book a two consecutive night’s stay with The Hotels Collection
- Free access to the Sydney or Melbourne Airport American Express lounge twice a year
- 0% p.a. on balance transfer for the first 12 months – A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies
- Smartphone screen insurance, medical emergency expenses cover, purchase protection, buyers advantage and refund protection
- 2 Membership Rewards Gateway points earned per $1 on all purchases except at government bodies where you will earn 0.5 point per $1 spent (this and redemption/transfer rules and rates are set to change 15 April 2019)
- American Express Membership Rewards Gateway
- $395 p.a.
- $65,000 p.a.
Overseas Transaction Fee
- 3% of converted amount
- Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. Previous and existing bank-issued American Express companion cardholders are eligible for this offer
- Membership Rewards Gateway points transfers at a ratio of 4:3 Membership Rewards points to frequent flyer points/miles in most frequent flyer programs (Velocity, Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Etihad) and at 1:1 with Hilton Honors and 3:2 to Marriott Rewards-Starwood Preferred Guest.