The Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard is a good Qantas-earning card for maximising points earn from day-to-day spend with no over-all points cap.
- Up to 100,000 Qantas Points, 70,000 bonus Qantas Points will be awarded when $3,500 is spent in the first 90 days from approval. 30,000 bonus Qantas points will be awarded within 12 weeks after the annual fee is paid upon anniversary of card (offer expires 28 February 2019)
- 0% p.a. For 18 months for balance transfers
- 2x Qantas Club or Qantas operated International Business Lounges invitations per year
- Companion flight discount: you can take up to eight passengers at a discounted rate, once per year maximum, on selected Qantas domestic companion flights when booked through the Qantas Premier concierge using the Qantas Premier Platinum card. You’ll receive a 10% discount on red e-deal, 15% on Flexible Economy and 20% on Business fares.
- Travel Insurance
- 1 Qantas Point per $1 domestic spend up to $10,000 per statement period and 0.5 thereafter.
- 1.5 Qantas Points per whole AU$1 equivalent on international spend
- 1 additional Qantas Points per whole AU $1 equivalent spent on Qantas spend.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- $149 first year, $299 p.a. ongoing (discounted first year offer expires 28 February 2019)
- $35,000 p.a.
Overseas Transaction Fees
- 3% of the transaction amount
- Eligible points transactions do not include transactions from operating a business or from government transactions (paying the ATO, council rates, or even AUS post)