The Break Down: In this bundled card pack you have two credit card accounts, one from each provider, that are linked for the purpose of earning points. It’s important to note that you can only apply for the American Express once you’re an existing Westpac credit card cardholder of the Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black Mastercard (or apply for both at the same time). This is because the American Express Westpac Altitude card is 100% issued and serviced by American Express (you use their digital portal, dedicated website and the American Express app). The two-card package is aimed at those who want a decent Qantas Point earn rate, are happy to pay the larger annual fee and will get value from some of the additional benefits. To access the bonus points currently on offer you need to be able to spend $6,000 in total within the first three months.
- Combined: up to 120,000 Qantas or Altitude Points – receive 80,000 bonus points on the Mastercard and 40,000 on the American Express when you spend a minimum of $3,000 on each card (total of $6,000) within the first 3 months of approval (offer expires 2 April 2019)
- Holders of American Express-issued cards also eligible for bonus points from Westpac Altitude Black American Express
- 2x Qantas Club or Priority Pass invitations per cardholder year
- American Express: 2x lounge passes to Sydney or Melbourne Airport American Express lounge
- Access to World MasterCard benefits and Amex Invites
- Overseas travel insurance, purchase protection, extended warranty
- American Express: 2 Qantas or 5 Altitude Points for every $1 spent overseas, 1.25 Qantas or 3 Altitude Points for every $1 spent locally
- Mastercard: 0.75 Qantas or 1.25 Altitude Points for every $1 spent
- No points cap – if you’re a big spender, this is one of your best options
- Qantas Frequent Flyer or Westpac Altitude Rewards
- Mastercard: $250 p.a. plus $50 annual Qantas Rewards fee
- American Express: $199 p.a.
- Westpac: $75,000
- Amex: $65,000
Overseas Transaction Fee
- 3% of the converted amount
- Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Altitude Platinum Visa Card or Altitude Black Mastercard, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for the Mastercard bonus offer.
- Those who already hold an American Express-issued card are not excluded from applying for and earning the bonus points on a Westpac American Express card
- Both providers (Amex and Mastercard) will likely check your credit record